The Village of Manteno is proud to offer this program to honor current or former residents of Manteno who have served or are currently serving our country in a branch of the military.
- The fee for participation will be $100.00 and will include; banner production and placement by the Village for the time periods described below.
- The Village will facilitate production of the banner which will include the veteran’s name and branch of service, and picture if available.
- Applicants must provide a photo of the veteran in uniform. The photo will be scanned and returned to the applicant.
- Banners will be placed on street light poles throughout the Village at the Village’s discretion.
- Banners will be displayed approximately from Memorial Day through Veterans Day for a period of two years.
- If requested on the application, banners removed at the end of the two-year display period will be provided to the applicant.
- A new application and sponsorship fee will be required to initiate display for a new two-year period. (A new banner will be produced and displayed.)
- Applications are available at Village Hall or see below. They will be accepted from December 1st through March 30th each year.
- Anyone may purchase or sponsor a Hometown Heroes Banner, provided the application and fee are properly submitted by the deadline.
- Banners are reserved for current or former residents of Manteno only.
Hometown Heroes Banner Application
Hometown Heroes Banner Brochure.pdf