Hendrickson Park is located on the east side of the Village along East Third Street (County Hwy 9). The park was named for WILBUR HENDRICKSON, who served three terms as Village President from 1945-1953 and 1957-1961. Prior to this he was a Village Trustee for 14 years. One item on his agenda was to get the State of Illinois to abolish the "Dump" on the northeast side of the village. He felt this area was a health hazard and an eye sore. Mr. Hendrickson died before succeeding at this endeavor. However, when the land became avaiable, Russell Henrickson purchased this land and donated a section of it in honor of his brother.